Mcintosh Ma6600. Click or Pop when first powering up.

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, hope I fit in.....🤐
Little back ground first, been running a wonderful 36 year old Mcintosh MA 6200 for about 4 years. 
As I'm sure most know this intergraded well. It's been a joy to live with. 
Got the itch for something newer and a little more power. Based on favourable reviews on several
sites I decided on the Ma6600. I was lucky to find a clean used unit at a dealer less then 2 hours 
from home. This unit left Mcintosh in 2011 and the Firmware is 2.52. 
I've had the unit about 2 weeks now. Just love the way it sounds, when I auditioned the 6600 the
dealer a/b the Ma5300. Found the 5300 had more detail but lacked the warmth of the 6600. 
We both agreed the 6600 was closer the the sound I'm used to with the Ma6200. 
Anyway my question is what are others hearing when they first turn their unit on. 
I hear Click or slight Pop through my speakers. I've tried turning volume right down before turning it off. 
Even turned off output to speakers, still hear it. I wasn't aware of it making this Clink when I first got the
amp but maybe it was there. Haven't bothered to call Mcintosh Tec support yet but just thought I would
see what other owners are experiencing. Thanks Guys....

128x128muddywaters61

Showing 1 response by millercarbon

Sounds like a relay. Probably part of turn-on protection so your speakers don't get the low-frequency cone excursion they otherwise would. If you hear a click from inside the amp at about the same time you hear it from the speaker that would pretty much nail it. You'd have to call a tech to try and figure out if this is all normal (probably) or indicates maybe time to clean or replace.