McIntosh C1000 tube pre vs. ARC Ref 3?

Has anybody heard these against each other? Both are very well received by the audio press.
gpgr4blu

Showing 2 responses by hicourt

" The McIntosh is the clear winner here by a country mile, even though I will admit I haven't heard the ARC." What kind of BS is this? This is what I and most seasoned audiophiles are sick of. Please, all you young A-philes don't get caught up in someone's BS like this. Even well tutored A-philes opinions are just that,opinions! All gear is synergy dependent. It's nice to have an experienced opinion but, just do like the rest of us and buy it and try it. If it doesn't work in your rig than sell it. Gee, Hantrax must have a McIntosh piece for sale!
The original poster did not ask about the ARC Ref. 2! The Ref. 3 is so much beyond the Ref.2. Even the LS 26 is beyond the old Ref.2 and by a wide margin! Plus, if you depend on audio rags to justify your audio gear purchases your in for a big let down. I've not heard the Mac.the poster is asking about but, I'm not stating that the Ref. 3 is better. I'm just trying to let the original poster know that a lot of hot air blows around these threads when it comes to opinions!