Marantz SR7012 vs. Rotel Amp

Quick question . . . what would you do?  I have a Marantz SR6009 receiver powering B&W 805 D3 as part of a 5.1 surround system (80% of the time I play two channel music).  I have the opportunity to replace the Marantz SR6009 with their SR7012 receiver or keep the SR6009 and utilize the pre-out feature and power the B&Ws with the 2 x 200 watts per channel Rotel RB-1582 amplifier.  I have an opportunity to purchase either the SR7012 or the RB-1582 for the same price, about $1,000.  Which should I go with?  
murphyb
Rotel RB-1582 for sure!  I have the B&W 805 D3 actually and it is a very hard speaker to drive.  The tweeter and woofer need a very fast and high resolution amp to have any impact and attack on the sound.  The Marantz receiver is going to sound dull/soft in comparison.  Based on direct experience, you don't want to pair a warm amp with the D3.
Try the Rotel before buying, you can do better.  It's not bad but power isn't everything.  Your other problem is that if you use a different amp for Right and Left than you have on the center movies will not sound right.  Look for either a 3 or 5 channel amp.  $1000 can get you a nice amp.