Marantz SA8260 Direct to Amp

I'd like to run the 8260 directly into an amp. I'm trying to understand ipedance matching. I found an output level of 2.2V in the manual but cannot find an Ohm rating. Am I missing something?
pawlowski6132

Showing 3 responses by pawlowski6132

The 8260 doesn't have volume control. I was planning on buying an in-line attenuator. Also, here was my thinking on the situation: I have about $1,400 to spend on amplification. I thought that since I don't need to switch sources (I'm single sourced) or want balance or tone control...every dollar I spend on a preamp would be a dollar less to spend on my amp. However, now it sounds like if I do commit my entire budget on an amp the overall sound would be compromised. True?
Mikesinger, thank you for your recommendations, I'm looking into their availability.

To those of you whose experience was poor, running source direct: As rule of thumb, I understand, output impedance from the source should be below 300 Ohms, input impedance on the amp should be >50k Ohms and capacitance of the interconnects should be below 100pF/ft. Violating any of these measurements would cause high frequency roll off and mush bass. By any chance can anyone validate this by confirming that their components did NOT adhere to this rule of thumb???
Actually, I bought a Cary 300SEI. The integrated was, for me at this time, the right way to go.

Oh, I don't even have that Marantz anymore! That was TWO CD players ago.

Ha!