Marantz SA10 sacd player

I love this  player , after 3 yrs and 2 months I purchase it. It doesn’t read single layer sacd. It’s out of waaranty.So United Radio marantz authorize won’t repair it. Is this a common issue on this expensive sacd player?

128x128jayctoy

I had a Marantz 8006 that I purchased in 2017 and was running fine when I sold it in December of 2023.  An independent may be able to repair it, but I don't know why the repair center can't do it.

Post removed 

This along with the outrageous price of SACD players will finish SACD.

Cheers

If I am not mistaken, the transport in the SA-10 is designed in-house by Marantz. Not sure about parts availability as far as laser pickup goes in this case. Hope you’re not completely out of luck. If it reads hybrid SACD and redbook, just use it. Laser and transport mechanism issues are common and that’s irrespective of price, to @tvad ’s point. Definitely sucks that Marantz refused to repair it.

It works on hybrid as cd player ..It is still sounding good on cd. But I miss the sacd sound. My SACD  player 8005 it’s more than 10 yrs no problem.I OWN THE Ruby as well.I hope it will remain reliable reading sacd.I agree regardless of price it happens.