Marantz 8260 vs Musical Fidelity 3.5 vs cary 308

Hi guys. I'm contemplating an upgrade to my Rotel RCD 1072.Above are my targets. I know the 8268 is an SACD player too, not sure of it's redbook ability. Amp is a soon to arrive Rotel 1070 and speakers are Audes Blues(still evaluating). Input and or suggestions appreciated.
128x128beernut

Showing 4 responses by beernut

That's interesting. I've read great things about the Marantz. Basically, it is hard for me to audition gear as I live off the beaten path in upstate, ny. Therefore, I rely on reviews and input from fellow 'Goners. Thank you.
Thanks Guys- I do tend to follow TAS a bit. They were right on about the Quad speakers. I know the Marantz is highly rated, I had 2 of their universal player and wasn't overwhelmed by either. Interesting points.
Great input guys. I wasn't aware of quality control issues but I am now. I have a few SACD's left from when I owned a universal player so it might make sense. The lack of SACD software, at least around here worries me a bit. I think the format is stagnant in light of DVD audio, blue laser etc. I do however own over 600 cd's which get lots of playtime. I put a bid in for a new Cary 308 cd player on 'Gon. I always liked the Cary gear. I have been told my current Rotel RCD 1072 will be tough to beat without spending a whole lot more sheckles.