Manufacturers pushing their products and agenda in the forums.

In the deep, dark, past manufacturers participated in the Audiogon forums with a general sense of decorum and a sensitivity to other products that they did not manufacture themselves and which were, from a design standpoint, philosophically opposed to their views. 

What has happened? Manufacturers now post into the forums dogmatically espousing their myopic view of the hobby, shamelessly pimping their own products and view of the audio world and, even more disturbingly, running down opposing brands. 

IMHO, it may be time to throw the baby out with the bath water and ban manufacturers, distributors, retailers and importers. If they can’t get their act together they should take it on the road.
128x128viridian
viridian
Manufacturers now post into the forums dogmatically espousing their myopic view of the hobby, shamelessly pimping their own products and view of the audio world and, even more disturbingly, running down opposing brands.
You should alert the moderators to any post you find objectionable. From what I can see, it looks like manufacturers are observing the forum’s rules.
IMHO, it may be time to throw the baby out with the bath water and ban manufacturers, distributors, retailers and importers. If they can’t get their act together they should take it on the road.
So because you don’t care for the contributions of these contributors, you think they should be ejected from the group? I don’t think this forum should work that way.
elizabeth
I am of the opinion that no one needs to be 'saved' from whatever.
I agree, but this is a common problem. Someone identifies a group that they decide needs "protection," and they then appoint themselves as the "protector" of the group that doesn't recognize or even necessarily want the "protection." Meanwhile, the self-proclaimed "protector" claims the moral high ground.
I don't view it as protection for anyone but myself- to avoid the noise. My alternative has been simply to avoid some threads altogether. I'm not sure it is a question of free speech since that isn't directly applicable (so far) to private internet fora, no matter how "public" (though there are some fascinating legal and policy issues that I will not go into to avoid censure for violating the terms of use here).
I think the issue is whether the forums are an appropriate place to "sell" and in more extreme cases, disparage other brands of equipment when there is an obvious commercial agenda. I had recommended that this be monetized and badged rather than simply censoring manufacturer or dealer postings in wholesale fashion.  
Like @elizabeth said, most of us, I think, can sort the wheat from the chaff. The question (to me) is the tenor or culture of the board. 
As I probably mentioned at some point, I was a sort of consigliere to one exotic car board some years ago and it was a constant headache. There is no easy answer, but part of it, in my estimation, relies on the culture of the board as established by the forum owners, which in turn, results in a form of self-moderation. People who frequent a forum then know what is within bounds and what isn't. Self-moderation, once rules are clearly established and enforced, is in my view a far better alternative for everyone, including those who have the thankless task of moderating, and makes the board a more enjoyable place. 
I'm only one voice and expressed my view, which coincides with the OP. Others may have different views. I think that was the point- and I would hope, as long as we keep this discussion civil, the moderators will not see the need to delete it.
I agree with much of what has been said above. What irks me are the unsolicited product reviews citing design philosophy, product dimensions, price and even finishing options, purporting to be just helpful info for members. I’m happy to hear arguments to the contrary but, to me, these seem to be simply manufacturer shills. They are usually supported by lots of fanboys who feel compelled to share their thoughts, despite being new members having made only two or three past postings. Yes, I’m suspicious. I’m sure I’m not the only one who sees through these fake reviews.
tonykay
What irks me are the unsolicited product reviews ... I’m suspicious. I’m sure I’m not the only one who sees through these fake reviews ...
If it’s so easy to identify these posts that you find objectionable, why not simply just ignore them? That seems a more practical solution than banning all "manufacturers, distributors, retailers and importers," which is what the OP and apparently @whart seek.