Magnepan MG20 tweaks ?

Hello,

I have MG-20's in my system and would like to improve the sound.
I power them with a pair of Pass Labs X600 and I'm very happy of the sound!

I have questions for Maggie owners :
-What are the best way to improve the passive x-over (to replace caps, inductor... internal wire?).
-What type of cables are you recommanding from the MG X-over and the speakers ? (cardas seems to be very appreciate).
I'm leaving in Europe so please give me the links to see the products in Internet.
Thanks,
All the Best. Laurent
128x128lolo78
After reading this I am interested in the Apogee's. What are their newest models, and can I get an audition of them in Houston, Chicago, or New York?
There are several brands of capacitors. I would not say that Intertechnik Plus is the best, but they are easy to get and the sound iis marvellous too. Also the coils have different name, I choose the aircore inductors. Again they sounds like heaven! see www.humblemadehifi.com/Cap.html
A friend of mine has his MG 20.1 modified with Intertechnik Plus. Heaven!
Please bear in mind I wrote Intertechnik Plus, the better Intertechnik, not ordinary Intertechnik.
Do you want to have the "best" MG 20 than choose the electronic crossovers from FM Acoustics, specially made. They cost a lot!
I would recommend bypassing the Magnepan crossover and using the Bryston 10b Sub active crossover--much cleaner than the standard Magnepan crossovers (although the MG20 one may be better--I don't know). I use it with MG3.6r's and Pass Labs amps and it sounds great.
You will find everything necessary for passive upgrades here: (http://www.percyaudio.com/Catalog.pdf) Michael will also match that parts to 1% tolerance for you. If you were to bi-amp the panels: I'd recommend a slightly modded Dahlquist DQ-LP1 as the active hi/lo pass filter. They are getting rare, but well worth seeking out. There's a good description(on page 13) of the unit here: (http://www.avahifi.com/root/audio_basics/ab_pdf/ab1989.pdf ) Do you own the 20R or 20.1? I can send schematics if you don't already have them.
Hi Batalok. Thanks a lot, I started to check the www.humblemadehifi.com/Cap.html but they is nothing on Internet (nothing too with Google). But I found a French seller. I will ask him.
For the cross-X, I think that FM Acoustic will make the best job but cost a maxx!
I'm seriously thinking about Pass Labs CrossOver in the futur.