Magnepan, B&W 803, or NHT VT3 ? ?

Hello everyone, this is my first post and my first high end system and I'm an truly a novice at this, except the wife gave me the go ahead for new speaker for the house (she got new living rm, & bedroom set) I recently purchase a used Cinepro 3K6 amp, and an Integra RDC7 w/THX upgd. My current speaker are early 90 Pioneer CS-T6100, 4 way.

I will be doing 50% music and 50% 5.1 movies. I have a subwoofer. I'm considering Magnepan MG3.6; B&W Nautilus 802/803; NHT VT3 or Klipsch RF-7. I have picked these speaker because of reviews and prices. I have only audition the Klipsch speaker to date. But I will be going out and audition what I can fine in my area. I just open for various opinions.

Thanks - hap
hap123

Showing 1 response by hap123

Thanks for the insight, my current speakers are 10'5" center to center, this pretty much will be the location of any replacements. I took several cds and I listen to several pair of speakers including NHT VHT2, Maggie 3.6,Vandersteens 3a; Vandersteen Quad; B&W 802/803 and they did sound different. I like the B&W 802 and my Pioneer CS-T6100, strange as it may sound, I really do like the soundstage of my Pioneer speakers. I wish I could compare them side by side to some other speakers. Maybe my equipment is bringing the best out of these old speakers.