mac 67 mac71 yamaha ct 7000,marantz 20 .

which of these classic vintage tuners ,or any other that comes to mind,might be your favorite and the most warm and musical sounding.which would you look to buy?
stooby
I agree with Rebco a good antenna is essential I like the mac-17 never heard a marantz 10b but from what I have heard a really good one I also like the old mac mr-78 the magnum ft-11 was a good resonable unit right now I use a onkyo 9090 mk II not bad if I had my choice I would take the mac mr-78 the Marantz if I could find it for a decent price other than the thousands asked for.
Try Fisher KM-60 or REL Precedent(mono only). Agree with Albert on 10B...great classic. I actually like my KM-60 better than the FM-1000 or 200-B. The Sequerra, Scott 4310(or 310-E) are also in my top 5 but for under $500 the little Fisher is amazing.MR-71 is also sweet. REL is the best sounding at any price though. Try a well aligned tube tuner with a good antenna and you will forget about Magnums and Fanfares.
Boy is Pgbramsen@aol correct! I actually tried all those about three years ago in my attempt to find the "perfect" tuner (the Marantz 10B won!). One only other possibility, and actually is a near contender to the Marantz, was the big Fisher. I think it was called a 1000 or something (all tube). Only other unit besides the Marantz that made you forget about testing, and listen to the tunes.