Luxman tonality

I’ve seen many members describing the Luxman 509x and the m duo as warm thus colored. I’ve had these units and have never thought of them as bright or dark(warm). They are superbly neutral to me neither adding or subtracting. I find them to be very musical. A prospective buyer might pass on Luxman thinking that they won’t match up with many speakers. Of course they will. Neutral is neutral. It’s what we should want.

I’m not so sure that the top luxman integrated amps aren’t in the league of the more expensive brands mentioned. a blind listening test would prove very interesting IMO. Forget the prices and just listen. 
@4425

I’ve had a chance to listen to Luxman side by side with D’Agostino separates. These two are so much in the same sound family of sound quality.

However, no matter how much I like them there will be those who are going to be happier with something else. I think surveying Ayre and Pass along with Luxman will help clarify your tastes and needs.

For me personally, I really like Ayre, but it is not at all the same sound. If I had a chance of buying Ayre or Luxman’s best I’d be really torn. There are also a sizeable number of people who once they hear Pass cannot be separated from it. 

The good news is this:  No matter what I personally like I am 100% sure if you listen to these three you'll come up with your own winner.

well i lied. i think that the agostino progression integrated has the best mids that i’ve heard in an amp to include an ARC tube amp. however i need luxman’s treble control due to some high frequency hearing loss. yes i’d rather have the dag with a treble control but it’s not in the cards. 
i’m happy with my 509 and it’s about 1/2 the price. 
I’ve got a 505uXII and just acquired a SQ-N150 that  I’m using with  Klipsch heresyIV’s and just enjoying the sh*t out of the system. In fact the more I play the better they sound. Amp or speakers break in or both?
Neutral, IMO. For what it’s worth. Enjoy the music 🎶 
From my experience the 509X is as neutral as it gets.  Very smooth and crisp, never fatiguing. Only thing I thought it somewhat lacked in my setup was the mid-bass and bass.  I demoed a Vitus RI-101 side by side and with the Vitus it felt like I added a sub in the room (nothing else was changed other than swapping amps).  This was with the Martin Logan speakers I had at the time.  Same thing with the Gryphon Diablo.  Both are double the price, so the Luxman is a great value for the money.