Luxman M900u match with Modwright LS 300, one or two 900s needed?

I have been contemplating upgrading my JC1+ monos that drive my Sasha 2s with one or two Luxman M900u's. Has anyone out there heard the newer JC1+ AND the M900u in a shootout besides Jays Audio Lab? All the reviewers seem to like the JC1+ amps, but they get dogged by almost everyone else I come in contact with. This has made me curious. I love my Modwright LS 300 preamp, and plan to stay with it. The Modwright has an output impedance of 110 ohms. The JC1+ input impedance is "100k balanced, 50 per leg", and this match works very well in my system. The Luxman input impedance is "balanced line 34k ohms". I know enough to ask others who understand these things if the Modwright to Luxman is compatable. I run a dCS Vivaldi stack exclusivly so I can change the output level of my DAC very easily if that is a factor.  Also, I tried to feed the Sasha 2s with a Niam DR 300NAP and it wasn't enough juice. They realIy came alive with the JC1+s. Is one Luxman enough or do I need to buy two and run them Mono. Is the sound still good running Mono versus stereo with the M900u? Thanks for the help!
128x128wokeuptobose

Showing 1 response by tomic601