Luxman Integrated - What do they sound like

Hi Everyone,

I'm considering getting myself a late 2018 Christma present or early 2019 birthday present.

Modern Luxman reviews are really hard to come by, and are generally just superlative without being very qualitative. I mean, it's all "rah rah rah!! " and no actual details.
For anyone who has listened to them lately, can you tell me what they actually sound like in comparison to other nice amps I might have heard?

Thank you,
Erik

erik_squires
Hope that may have helped some!

It does! That was totally on point, thank you.

E

erik, sounds like you’re getting some info, anyway. As to the Luxman sound (or the L-590AX, anyway), I’d have to agree with the description in the article I linked up above, wholeheartedly.
I also want to add, there’s no such piece as a L509AX, those are typos. Luxman’s two top integrateds at this time are the new L509X, and the L-590AXII (which they tout as Class A).
Another thing, maybe important, maybe not. The build quality on these is nothing short of amazing.
I'll post this for your amusement, Erik.
https://www.stereophile.com/content/luxman-b-1000f-monoblock-power-amplifier
Obviously not what you're interested in purchasing, but perhaps a bit of insight into the company, what they're capable of, and some of what will be "trickling down" into their $10,000 offerings.
@builder3  I have actually heard that amp with Vivid Giya Spirit 2. Sounded great but I have some suspicion that the m900u is the best Luxman today. I think I read it somewhere on the internet, so it must be true. I have been interested in this m900u for a while now so I have been reading whatever popped up.

I believe Luxman is a good candidate for brighter speakers. So I am considering the following:

Paradigm Persona 3F
Linn Selekt DSM (digital preamp with DSP)
Luxman m900u  (not heard it yet)

I have a feeling the Luxman and Persona will go great together.

BTW - as mentioned earlier by @karurravi on the best amp thread. Whitecamereocross has indicated that there will be new Luxman mono blocks with the m9000u technology. You need to read his massively long thread to find that nugget.