Love Audio Love Cars

I want to buy a classic sports car,unfortunatly I do not
have all the funds.Have any of you sold your equipment
to purchase other toys.And if you have do you regret it?
taters
Gunbei, mine is a 96 E36 M-3 coupe (Estoril Blue) which I use mainly for pleasure although it is not a garage queen. I would rather drive it than do the wash and wax things. I own a BMW repair shop (www.beyermotorworks.com) so parts and maintenance are not much hassle. That being said, I agree with Plato that the audio is a better investment and less expensive to maintain and I use tube preamps and amps which sometimes require service. Insurance on the M-3 runs about 1500.00 per year and that in itself would buy a lot of cd's and records or at least one new/used component to try out for the year.
Yeah Gunbei, I have a '95 in Paradise blue/green, which should be lookin' good when I get it back (hopefully tomorrow!), and it does like to rev.

It has a nice sound system too, with a CD changer, and a custom-built, powered subwoofer system containing 4 Scanspeak 8" woofers and then Morel tweeters in the door panels. It sounds decent for a "portable" system. :)
Had a big buck system in the early 90s. Sold it to buy a BMW. Had fun in the Bimmer, but too much fun. Sold it for another system. Then sold the second system and got an Acura NSX. Didn't learn my lesson the first go'round. It spent most of it's time in the garage. Had it for 2 years and put 1,000 miles on it. Just couldn't justify the huge payments vs. time spent in it so it was sold as well.I spend most of my time at home anymore and my love of music pushed me into another system. I can't afford both, although it was fun playing with both. Much happier now but there are times I most certainly miss that NSX!!!
Hi Guys.
I've had both clasic cars and audio gear.
I love the gear and the music. I have a modest tube system and enjoy the tweaking and DIY part also.
Clasic cars are also a passion of mine.
My current vehicle is a Black 1966 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe.
427 Big Block, 4 Speed trans. and side exhaust.
It has a working AM/FM radio but I never turn it on, the rumble of the exhaust is music to the ears.
Easier to work on than the newer cars and classic car insurance is super cheap.
Several of my friends have classic (muscle) cars so we get together and go to cruise nites and local shows.
I love the BMW's and some day will own an M series.
Cars and audio. 2 great things to enjoy.
How can ya hate it.
Rick.

Odd how many of us like cars and high end systems, maybe we just appreciate high perfomance stuff? The two hobbies are similar in that you need to keep things in perspective or you can go WAY overboard for that last inch of perfection. Slippery slope for both pass times. I've owned various BMW and Audis, fun cars but the care and feeding of fine German engineered automobiles can be a bit overwhelming.

My winter car is a stock 2001 Acura 3.2 Type S (yeah, including the Bose system but I just can't bring myself to carve up the dash switching out the 6-disc head unit). Fun car: 265 HP, 17" rims, tiptronic tranny if you want to shift gears (or leave it in automatic), great handling, and totally reliable. No regrets, a real nice ride.

My summer car is a 1989 Toyota Supra Turbo, never winter driven and for the most part all original. Cosmetic changes were the mags (Momo's), window tinting, and of course the stereo. Dual MTX subwoofers, dual Pioneer amps, 12-CD changer, Pioneer head unit, stock speakers swapped out for Infinity's, and 1" dome tweets thrown in for good measure. The Type III Supras are gorgeous looking cars and one helluva lot of fun to drive!