Looking for New Speakers - Suggestions

I am finally actively looking for a new speaker setup for use primarily as 2 channel but will also be used for HT. I prefer to build the system around my front to channels.

Here is my story. I have been in the AV biz for 12 years. I have heard 100's of speakers and never really fell in love with them. I have owned the following

B&W 805's
B&W CM4's
Paradigm Atoms
Paradigm Studio 60's
Energy Take 5 (college)
KEF KHT 6000
Monsooon FPF600's
Martin Logan Clarity's

I have actively sold Monitor Audio, Krell, McIntosh, Paradigm, B&W, Sonance, Def Tech, KEF, Vienna Acoustics, JBL Synthesis, Polk, Velodyne.

I really enjoy music loud. Like U2 360 concert loud. I just can't get enough of a dynamic system. I blew the drivers out of our floor model Krell LAT-2's one day demoing them when we first got them in. I listen to jazz, classical, etc. quite a bit but for the most part I listen to indie rock and electronic music.

I really have never found a home speaker that was dynamic and exciting but could also quiet down and let me enjoy some old jazz vinyl I picked up from my father.

I was thinking about going to line array based speakers or Maggies but wondering what other products might be out there.
skent12
I think if you heard ATCs they would knock you out of your chair -- the cleanest, most powerful and dynamic midrange I've ever heard yet still well balanced overall. Of course it always comes down to personal taste, especially with speakers, but I've heard most of the speakers you listed and you really need to hear ATCs before making a final decision. Make sure you audition one of the models with the dedicated dome midrange driver. Best of luck in your search.
Thanks for the ATC and PMC suggestions. I have heard PMC monitors in a friends studio. Really liked them. Never heard the ATC's.
Check out a pair of Cerwin Vega CLS-215. A very good review
in one of the mags. Dynamics out the wazoo and very easy to drive.

Cheers!
You may want to check out a speaker that uses a variation of the Altec 604 duplex driver. This driver has been used as monitors for recording studios as well as in PA systems. They have extreme dynamics and can go as loud as you may want without distortion. They also happen to be very musical. The down side is that they need rather large cabinets to have the proper bass reinforcement. There are several on the market and many DIY versions out there. I own a pair from Serious Stereo which are by far the best speakers I have owned. Shindo makes one although it is rather pricey.
These do not sound like typical horn speakers,they are very smooth in the treble range.They would be ideal for your "high volume" listening preference.Ty Lashbrook,the owner of the company,is one of the best folks in the business.Call him,he will make sure you are satisfied.Link to info below.Good Luck.

Tyler Acoustics