Looking for great tube integrated for Martin Logan Summit X speakers

I've had upgrade fever every since I added bass traps and acoustic panels to my listening room and wondered why I didn't do that years ago.  So I've decided to change my Plinius Hautonga integrated and make the plunge to tubes. I want that sound, and the thought of tube rolling appeals to me.  I was leaning toward the Primaluna Dialogue HP integrated, but after doing more reading, I'm concerned that it won't have adequate power due to the Summit's impedance needs.  I'm admittedly a novice with tubes, so seeking help from the forum.   My room is about 12x15, with the area behind my listening position open for an additional eight feet.  I don't listen at high volumes at all, and my favorite music is female jazz, smooth jazz, Nora Jones type vocals.  Music comes from SACDs and Tidal exclusively - I have no analogue gear.

The rest of my gear:
  • Gustard x20u DAC modified by Rick Schultz
  • Oppo 103D for SACDs modified by Rick Schultz
  • Bryston BDP-1 music streamer
Will I be happy with the Primaluna, or do you have other suggestions in the $5,000 range?  Or should I stay away from tubes for these speakers?

Appreciate your opinions!

Steve
smills59
"George and others, what should I listen for that will show me the limitations of tubes with my speakers? Is there specific music that will make this apparent to me? I want to make sure I grasp the effect of the impedance shortfall of tubes before I listen to the Sanders."

smills59-

It's great, having the experience/wisdom of SOME qualified members here, but trust your own ears. As mentioned earlier, white papers with graphs and specs certainly are necessary to establish a baseline "good," but it ain't gonna ensure what YOUR ears like.

Your favorite music will sound more convincing on one of the two. 

Happy listening!

"George and others, what should I listen for that will show me the limitations of tubes with my speakers?

As I said above a tube amp that’s a good design, but doing it hard into this load of the Summits.

The hard load is at:
At 5khz to 20khz may show a distant subdued high frequency.
And again at 3.5khz this may soften the presence area of the mids

You may "characterize" this as sweet and euphonic at first listen. Then after a while, even a week or two you may understand that it’s not what it should be, and that "the life" is missing from the music, detail, attack, presence and harmonic decay are waning.
Saying all this is with a tube amp that behaves itself in the top end.

But the Prima Luna has an odd peak up there, that says to me output transformers are ringing (oscillating).
This "could" counter to a degree the statements I make above but in a very crude way.
https://www.stereophile.com/images/1214PLDPIfig01.jpg

Cheers George
The amp now has about 50 hours of break in and I have listened now for about 15 hours.  I have to say, it's still amazing.  I'm pretty new at this, but I'm not hearing what George is referring to.  Not saying he is incorrect, just that I'm thoroughly enjoying this amp.  Break in for this is about 100 hours, so it should be in it's prime Monday night.

I have the Sanders and my old Plinius action as preamp ready to power up mid-week.  Question: should I plug in the Sanders to let it begin breaking in?  Do I have to have speakers attached if it's on?

Steve
Do I have to have speakers attached if it's on?
Solid state amps can be powered without any load on them.
But tube amps need to see a load, as there is the possibility without a load they can damage the output transformers if they go into oscillation.

Cheers George  
George, I hate to say it, but I'm really liking the PL HP integrated.  But you have me concerned about what I may be missing due to the impedance of my speakers.  I actually had a hearing test done recently and I can hear as slow as 133 HZ, and as high as 8400 Hz.  I'm not sure I'm reading the charts you referenced above correctly, but it appears the PL will work fine for these frequencies.  Am I reading this right?

Also, does the high power transformers of the PL help with this?  Would moving up power tubes to KT-120 help?

Sure appreciate the advice!!!