Looking for a DAC < $1500

Need two coax inputs to hook up my CDP and Bluesound Node2. Not too many out there with two coax inputs but found a couple on A'gon and trying to decide; Bryston BDA-2, Primare Systems DAC 30, and for just a little more, a McIntosh D100. If your money, which would you pick. Or should I just go with something new from Marantz reference line that plays CD (or SACD) and has a coax input. The goal is to take the digital glare from my CD player - a real midfi unit, and the Bluesound's internal DAC. Thanks.
128x128kalali

Showing 2 responses by bigkidz

I can make something for you that will sound much better for $1500 and I can configure it anyway you want.  If you don't like it, send it back to me.

Contact me if you are interested.  Happy Listening.
Do a search for chip vs R2R.  See what you find.  mb1audi02 is on to something but the power supply is what can make a huge difference in any component.  I build a DAC that has a bigger and better power supply that most amps do.  It depends on the design and how it is implemented though.

kalali the glare is the component that cannot process the digital signal very well.  When you are ready for something different let me know.  I will send you something to change your world.  Happy Listening.