Linn LP12......That good??

I have an Ariston RD80 (very good) and a Thorens TD 160, also very good.
How good are the Linn Lp12 tt's??
I am always looking for the best most impressive sound.
I will have to sell the Ariston/Thorens if i buy the Linn because i will not need 3 turntables!
The Ariston almost looks like the Linn by the way.
So how great are the Linn's and what is the best combination to buy?
Thanks!
x1884
I am very familiar with the Stiletto- I did the demo at my dealer's in the UK last October. I am also very familiar with all of the Tangerine Audio products, I have a Karmen top plate on one of my decks. My dealer, Peter Swain, has a very close relationship with the owners of Tangerine products and he is usually one of the first people to evaluate their new products. I know the Scorpion base was in production- was not aware that these were already being shipped??
Rssb....You're absolutely right.  The Linn is inherently unstable.  I remember those days having the turntable on the Linn support so that I could get to adjust the springs.  Perfect.... after 1/2 hour....the heat in the house went on, and it started to bounce sideways again.  Everyone should get and enjoy what they want, but it was too time consuming for me....I had a day job already.  I should say that this was years ago...I don't know the new ones...they might have fixed it.
daveyf, let us assume for the sake of argument that you are right and that the only problem with my LP12 was that it was poorly set up. If that is true - and it's not, but leave that aside - it follows that a competent and experienced Linn technician who has been doing this for 30 years cannot successfully set up the turntable then there must be a fundamental problem with the turntable's design.

Rossb, you are discounting a lot of things...a) the set-up tech was competent,( remember a lot of the old school techs had never set up a Radikal before, this power supply and motor change is a very different animal to just swapping in a Lingo!) b) you were able to correctly place and level the table once the set up was completed, which is one of the issues that many Linn owners have after they take the table back from the set up tech, c) whoever installed the Radikal knew what they were doing...perhaps it was a different tech who installed the Radikal to the set up tech....or perhaps it was you!
I can absolutely tell you with complete certainty, IF you had a problem with speed stability with a Radikal, then you or someone else had set up the upgrade in a faulty manner. Period.
Blame the company or the table design or whatever, but be absolutely certain you never heard your Linn Radikal the way it was meant to be heard ( and does sound!!!) ... or for that matter what you paid for,i don’t blame you for being upset....but you really have no idea as to why you did not get what you paid for, imho.