Linlai E 6sn7 tubes

I just placed an order for a pair of these for my Aric Audio Motherlode II.  I’ve been chatting with a fellow that runs the E 6sn7 in his Don Sachs pre. He loves them, He says they make his NOS tubes sound thin and lifeless.  
    It will be a couple weeks until I receive them,and I was curious if anyone out in Agon land has tried these,and what are your impressions?   
Thanks in advance,

Ray

128x128rocray

Hi,  I just stumbled upon this interesting thread.   Does anyone here know if either the Linlai E 6sn7 or Psvane CV181-T MKII will fit the Cary Audio SLP-05 preamp without having to use a socket saver?

Thanks very much.

@bugredmachine those are the socket savers I'm using. They fit tight and work fine in my Don Sachs linestage. It does look a little odd to have two tubes plugged in straight and the other tubes towering above them on stacked socket savers. The socket savers don't seem to affect sound quality much, if any. The Linlai with socket savers are competing easily with my best antique tubes. Glad you are having better luck. 

Thanks,

aldnorab

I just went to Viva Tubes website.  I didn’t realize they were a Linlai dealer until it was mentioned in this thread.  I find it interesting how you can buy, a single tube, a trio, a quad, a sextet, or an octet, but you can’t get a pair?  Am I missing something?  

I bought a pair from them. A bad pair, but they have a great return policy with prepaid shipping labels.