LFD NCSE Hegel H200?

Opinions appreciated especially from dealers of Hegel and/or LFD. LFD NCSE to the Hegel H200? Side-step or step-up? Speakers used: 7ES-3's. NCSE strictly single-ended and my current disc player optimized for balanced operation. Thought: H200 big watts for little Harbeth's. PM's as welcome as public ones.
bgeofft-duplicate-0

Showing 1 response by audiooracle

You have to look at the two companies and see your personal feelings about the two companies.

Personally I feel LFD to be way too small of a boutique company basically one guy, and no remote and limited product line and very, very, few dealers, as a red flag for a companies long term survivability.

Compare that to Hegel, 20 years in business, many dealers through out the world, remote control, a diversified product line and great sound, when the smoke clears you have to consider that long terms happiness in a product may mean that a prospective clients looks at all the factors not just sound quality.

For those reasons I took on Hegel as a line, and I have been selling it since it came to the US market.

I used to do comparisons of their $1,200.00 DAC vs a $6,000.00 highly rated CD player/DAC and the little Hegel came to about 90% of that unit's performance in some ways was actually more listenable.

There is some really innovative engineering from Hegel, the adaptive feed forward circuit that Hegel developed was cloned by Solution for use in their products.

Hegel's digital technology is all theirs including an innovative jitter busting technique and their own take on data transmission methods.

Hey they even created a circuit to compensate for jitter differences when they started measuring different SPDIF cables.

Long story short, Hegel great company, outstanding products, great features, fantastic sound, and innovative engineering.

Dealer Disclaimer