Levinsos 585.5 No Power Out. - Assistance?

I just got a 1.5 year old 585.5.  I set it up and connected everything and restored to the factory defaults.  All menus and set up work fine but the remote needs batteries so i am working from the amp itself.   I cannot get any power oit to the speaker terminals.   Tried 2 analog ports, the phono port anf the usb digital port.  No power at all.  Not even a hum at highest volume.  There just seeme to be no output from preamp to amp.

Am i missing something in setting it up?  Looked for the fuse but it seems to be internal.  Speakers are martin logan montis.  They are plugged in and on and all wires are connected.  

Any advice would be appreciated!  Wanted to do some listening this weekend.  

gwhphoto

Showing 3 responses by gs5556

Is the power light steady (ready to play) or flashing (standby mode)? 

Did you download the manual and go through the all the menu functions? Those new Levinsons have nested menus and there are a lot of parameters that can mute or attenuate volume.

Did you go through the manual's troubleshooting steps?

That clicking on startup is most likely the speaker relay engaging and cutting power to the speakers. Usually there are two ways that relay is powered: through the standby circuit and the thermal overload protection circuit. My guess is there is a fault in the protection circuit. When the amp is powered off, the voltage holding the relay is off, releasing the relay and when you power up, the fault causes the voltage to appear at the coil and engaging the relay which cuts out the speakers. 

Try changing to each standby mode, powering down completely after each change. If nothing changes then that's probably what's at fault.

Those relays should only engage when entering standby mode. If you turn on the amp and the relays click without going into standby, there’s a problem.

You can also try disabling [Auto Off]. Then turn off the power and start it up again. If this fixes it then it’s the auto off circuitry that has the problem (most likely a capacitor in the timing circuit is shorted) and the amp goes into [Auto Off] immediately on startup.

Those are the only two things I can think of without a schematic.