Levinsos 585.5 No Power Out. - Assistance?

I just got a 1.5 year old 585.5.  I set it up and connected everything and restored to the factory defaults.  All menus and set up work fine but the remote needs batteries so i am working from the amp itself.   I cannot get any power oit to the speaker terminals.   Tried 2 analog ports, the phono port anf the usb digital port.  No power at all.  Not even a hum at highest volume.  There just seeme to be no output from preamp to amp.

Am i missing something in setting it up?  Looked for the fuse but it seems to be internal.  Speakers are martin logan montis.  They are plugged in and on and all wires are connected.  

Any advice would be appreciated!  Wanted to do some listening this weekend.  

gwhphoto

Is the power light steady (ready to play) or flashing (standby mode)? 

Did you download the manual and go through the all the menu functions? Those new Levinsons have nested menus and there are a lot of parameters that can mute or attenuate volume.

Did you go through the manual's troubleshooting steps?

When I power up rhe amp i hear a click but no larger thump indicating a big power surge like my old amp did.  Checked all input connections again and did all troubleshoots.  My analog sources are a cd player, a tuner, a turntable.  For digital my phone running usb c to b cable to the amps usb input.  Result is the same in all cases.  No sound of any kind.  Not even noise or hum at max volume.  There is just no power out 

1. Power light is on.

Here are the menu settings

2.  Input menu.  Each analog input offset is zero and ssp is off.  These are factory default.  Digital inputs factory defaults.

3.  Volume control menu.  settings are factory default.

4.  Power management menu. Auto power off is off.

5.  Output Menu.  High pass is off.  Line out variable but I am not using line out. POWER AMP IS ENABLED.

6.  Advanced menu.  Firmware 1.24/1.17.  Connect rb232 but not using any exter al connect   Front IR on for the remote.

Remote is functioning properly.  

Let me know if there are any other possibilities.

Thanks!

That clicking on startup is most likely the speaker relay engaging and cutting power to the speakers. Usually there are two ways that relay is powered: through the standby circuit and the thermal overload protection circuit. My guess is there is a fault in the protection circuit. When the amp is powered off, the voltage holding the relay is off, releasing the relay and when you power up, the fault causes the voltage to appear at the coil and engaging the relay which cuts out the speakers. 

Try changing to each standby mode, powering down completely after each change. If nothing changes then that's probably what's at fault.

Ok i will try this.  When you say power down completely do you mean by the main switch on the back?   Or unplug entirely? 

So the process is:

1.  Power off then on in current standby mode (GREEN)

2.  if no result then select next standby mode (power save) and power off then on, and if no result

3.  Select final standby mode (normal) and power off then on and if no result

probable thermal protection fault?

Thanks for this help and advice!!

Also when i enter standby from on i hear two clicks back to back the first lower pitched and the second higher.     When turning back on from standby one limmediate ouder click with a softer click about half a second later.

Here is what I did

1.  Standby mode is green by default.  No power out.  Entered standby.  Power off from back switch.  Power back on hear two back to back clicks.  Select inputs.  No power out.    

2.  Select power save.standby mode.  enter standby.  No clicks.  Power off no clicks.

3.  Power on faint click. Select inputs from standby, no clicks, no power out. 

4.  Select nomal standby mode.  Enter standby mode, no clicks.   Power off at main switch.  Two clicks back to back one lower pitch next one higher.

4.  Power on.  One faint click.  Select inputs from standby, no clicks, still no power.

Those relays should only engage when entering standby mode. If you turn on the amp and the relays click without going into standby, there’s a problem.

You can also try disabling [Auto Off]. Then turn off the power and start it up again. If this fixes it then it’s the auto off circuitry that has the problem (most likely a capacitor in the timing circuit is shorted) and the amp goes into [Auto Off] immediately on startup.

Those are the only two things I can think of without a schematic.

Ok.  So what i mean in my post is:

"Power on" or "power off" means from the main switch on the back.

When i power on the amp always enters in standby after the " mark levinson plesae wait" boot process.

When i say "select input" I mean going from standby mode to on mode from the remote/front buttons.

I also had auto off disabled when i did it.

But, nothing worked.