Lenco motor voltage 220v conversion to 110v

Hi all, I have lurked a little, but this is my first post!

I am doing a Lenco project, and living in the USA, I need 110v compatibility.

However my lenco GL60 table has a 220v 50~ motor. Searched the web and found a way to convert it to 110v by rewiring from series to parrallel. While in the process of doing so I starts to wonder if polarity needs to be observed? I went ahead and finished one possibility and it ran, but is it correct?
fnupacreek
Dual winding TT motor..... humm.

I think the TT platter will run a little fast because of the 60Hz. I am assuming the motor is a synchronous motor... As for the polarity of the two windings You should of, I hope, identified the two leads that were in series with one another. The two 220V power feed leads should have been clearly identified. One connected to the hot conductor the other to the neutral conductor. Those two leads would remain the same.

The two leads that were in series..... when separated the lead on the winding fed from the hot conductor will now connect to the neutral conductor, (with the existing lead). The other separated series lead will connect to the hot conductor with that existing lead.

Hot conductor goes through the on-off switch.

Is that the way you did it?
Hi Jea48, thanks for your response. This motor is circa 1960, labeled 220v 50~, synchronous motor. It had a 2 wire zip cord type wire without referance to hot or neutral. I took the wire running between windings and broke it, making the new input for winding #2 a "hot", and the output of the #1 winding a "neutral". I think that is what you described?

When I complete rewiring it I will use a grounded plug/cord and run the hot through the switch.
Thanks, Frank
Even zip cord is identified.... The identified conductor, neutral, will be marked in some fashion on the flat cord.
Raised ridge along the edge, or
Lettering on that side, or
A coloured stripe.

By the way I am not sure if it would really make a difference which side of the motor you connected the hot or neutral..... But I have read a White Paper by Clark Johnsen were he said the plug orientation made a difference.

The important thing when paralleling the two windings is to have the correct polarity, phasing, of the two windings...
Try Lencoheaven.com You might find photos. If not, you can post your question there and get some answers.
I was in a similar situation ... you will run into speed problems since you are wanting to use the 50Hz motor with your 60Hz. There are two differnt motors, a 50Hz and a 60Hz, in which both can run 110V or 220V. Wiring method is the same as descibed in the previous posts. Difference between the two diffent motors is the shaft diameter. Hope that helps somehwhat. David.