Legacy Audio Classic HD Speakers with or without Sub

I am considering purchasing the Classic HD speakers and am wondering if a sub will be necessary with them. I currently own the Dynaudio Focus 260 floorstanders (Dual 6.5" midwoofers) with their partnering sub, the Sub 600. Although I've never had a sub before in any system, I do like the extra bass depth it gives.

I've been reading the forums on this site and really haven't read anyone pairing a sub with the Classic HD's. Also, I read one professional review where the Classics were paired with Legacy's own Metro sub but it didn't mention how they sounded without the sub. Finally, I went to the Legacy site and read some posts but nothing about the Classics with a sub.

Please post your experiences with & without a sub(s) paired with the Classic HD's. Are the dual 8" woofers enough to provide sufficient bass without a sub? I'm not a sub freak so I may be able to live without one but as mentioned before the Dynaudio set up sounds nice with one.

Thanks!

routeman21
There is no "Focus Signature".  It is the Signature SE.  I was able to do a home audition of a set of Signature SE in Black Onyx for a couple of weeks, and they are awesome.
HO....keep your subs and give the Legacy's a go In Your Space.  If you feel you'd like the bass 'extension' after all, you'll be good to go and give the Legacy's a break, so to speak.

Depends on your musical tastes in the final analysis, and that's your call. ;)

Yeah, so many suggestions and good ones I might add. mtrot, your suggestion makes a lot of sense and ultimately may be the one I go with but douglas_schroeder suggestion makes a lot of sense too. Although I'm not sure about the Focus SE space wise it sounds like that is the best option sound wise and most likely I don't need a sub. If I get the Signature SE and feel I want more I will have regrets not getting the Focus SE in the first place.

Keep the comments coming in, I love hearing them all.

Please contact us, we have experience with both models.

The Focus Se are fantastic so are the smaller Signatures, they differ in a number of differences.

We have had both models on display, ultimately we choose to focus on the Signatures as their smaller size will work in more rooms.

The bass on both models is fantastic, the Signatures are acoustic suspension so their bass is tighter, the ported Focus have more bass but it tends to be a little loser.