Lamm ML1.1 & ML 2.1

Hi,

I've the opportunity to heard 2 times the ML2.1 - 18 watts class A - first time on JM Lab Grande Utopia BE and the other one, on Kharma CRM 3.2

I love the sound of the ML2.1 : so natural, so human...

But I don't know the lower priced ML1.1 - the 90 watts -I'm living in France and it's not well distributed.

What differs between both in terms of sound ?

Do you know other amp with this kind of natural sound - at same price or lower !!!!

Thanks

David
davidri

Showing 1 response by sirspeedy706802461

James,I have an Avalon Ascent mk-2,and am running one Rel Stentor,coming in at 25hz.It did take a long time,but they integrate absolutely perfectly.NO seams!

As to your room,and mini issue.Yes,a small floorstander,like a Kharma 3.2,or possibly a Verity product,could do superbly.It's up to your commitment.I know your ARE committed,anyway!I know a fellow(actually a friend of my pal,though I have met him)who is now a mainstream reviewer(actually a pretty good one).He used to have a large dedicated room,with a large,complex system.He loved it.Well,he went through a nasty divorce(poor guy),and is now in a small living space.Small room,but he's a fanatic.He really knows his stuff,and has a HUGE LP collection.What he did,and very successfully,was mount the JM Labs Be Mini monitors on a stand that he had custom made(I don't know why he didn't like the normal stand).He then added a small sub(the Audio Physic,I forget which model,but it sells for about two "thou").He is ECSTATIC with the current performance.He has been able to integrate the sub perfectly.Trust me,he knows what he's doing,and all my friends who have heard the set-up comply.Actually he now likes the current system better than the old one.So,it can be done,for sure.Technology has given us a lift,if we chose to use it correctly.

Best!!