Krell KSA 150 vs. Classe` CT 2300

anyone with knowledge of the advantages of which is sonically purist...i can either send my Krells in for revamping or put my money into the Classe`s...Class A design or the push/pull...

thanks in advance.

Ron
iron

Showing 2 responses by thesoundhouse

The KSA 150 is a great amp but not knowing what speakers and your objectives are I do not know how much feedback you will get on this thread.
I had a friend who had a set of JBL 4350. Those are some big speakers! The AQ Dragons are very good. I think I would try other amps other than the Krell with the JBL 4350s. I am willing to bet your system is very revealing on the top end and probably has a sound more towards high frequencies. I would try some tubes and or low wattage solid state. My friend drove his JBL 4350s with early Pass Labs Aleph L pre-amp and 4 mono low powered Pass power amps with very good results. I cannot remember the model of the power amps. He also had used tubes stuff from time to time which also had good results. He did try my old Krell KSA 80B and that was not good match for the JBL 4350s the sound was hard and schril.