Krell FPB-400cx vs. Pass 350.5 for Thiel 3.6

Hey Guys,
I am looking to upgrade my amplifier and have narrowed my choices to these two amplifiers. I want maximum performance and would like to know which amp is going to deliver the goods? :) I have found that the aspects I am looking for are more detail, a wider and deeper soundstage, and images with more substance and shape.

My current setup is as follows,

Thiel 3.6
Classe CP-50
Esoteric X-03
Parasound HCA-3500
Spacedeck/Nottingham Cartridge

You can check it out here,
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vevol&1208030380&view

Thanks,
Matt
cadence151

Showing 2 responses by tom_hankins

I used Krell amps when I had my CS7.2s for over two years. Before I bought the krells (FPB650M) i auditioned the X600 monoblocks (not for me) and then the 350.5, Better, and I could have been happy with this amp, but I preferred the Krells. Better bass, cleaner midrange, and a little darker on top. these were my reasons for getting the krell. From what I have read, (not heard) the CX series of Krell amps are better than the ones I had. Good Luck.
Several reasons. Wanted a smaller, cheaper, more forgiving system. I also wanted to put the difference in price into my vinyl system. but have not been able to do that yet since i lost my job shortly after selling off alot of gear. Really like the harbeths and Manley system.