Krell 400xi vs. BAT VK-300x vs. McIntosh MA6900

I'm considering 1 of these 3 excellent Integrated Amplifiers to power my newly aquired Wilson Sophia Speakers. My Source Component will be either the Krell Standard or BAT VK-D5. Installing in a mid>large size living room. I'm looking for a smooth, full/robust, easy- on-the-ears sound. I'd rather not have to buy all 3 for an at home a/b/c audition, though I know that this is the preferred method of evaluating Components. Thought that I might give this post a try, to at least narrow it down to 2. Thanks!
vince8x8110c

Showing 2 responses by brianmgrarcom

Dave your comments are simply foolishness; I have owned my share of amps the past few years and the couple Mac pieces I have used are not as you'd have us believe. I will agree that Mac floundered through the 80's and a good share of the 90's, but not so these days, IMO. Also, just because Wilson uses ARC and Krell, per you, doesn't mean they are the best and/or the only products one should use with Wilson speakers.
I have to agree with Nwavesailor. I have come to ignore JC's opinions after participating in and reading his posts where he tried a MC402. The hard part is that JC is so over the top with his statements, like above, it is hard to just "let go".

Having heard a full blown Krell system at a dealer, using the same speakers I had at home at the time, I could easily make over the top statements against Krell being second rate to Mac gear. (I don't feel this way though, even though I had this experience, a couple times.)

Hopefully those that come to the forums for dirction can look at the posts as a whole to form their opinion and not get lost in one persons extreeme view.