Klipsch Cornwall IV

Hello all,

I'm interested in what people who have heard the speaker feel about it. I currently run spatial M3 turbos and have an all tube analog setup ( line magnetic, hagerman ) with an oppo 105 being the digital front end.

Previous speakers have been acoustic zen, reference 3A, Maggie 3.6, and triangles. I am more concerned with a huge immersive sound stage than I am with pinpoint imagery. I have a big room and have plenty of space between the back wall and my speakers if I need it.

Any thoughts?
128x128simao
@wrm57 Thank you for the explanation. That makes sense especially with the vacillating impedance from the triangles. I've had triangles before, but they were powered with much higher powered amplifiers, like an arc vs 110, or rogue m180 monoblocks.
@wolf_garcia luckily there’s a triangle dealer right across the river in Collinsville. The nearest Klipsch Heritage dealer, I think is up near Springfield Illinois? That’s not too far for me either, relatively speaking. So I could definitely log the line magnetic to either place to see what the sound would be like.

I know the feeling you mentioned. Because when you hear the new speaker there is an instant visceral reaction to the new sound; like tasting a new flavor. And hopefully you like the taste, but if you don't you know it pretty soon
I tried raising the front of my Cornwalls slightly too, but found out I didn’t like the shift in the tonal balance.
I have a pair of 1977 decorators that have been modded with the Crites crossover and tweeter. I also put a brace across the motor board, side walls are braced to each other as well as the front/rear baffles and corners. Also added braces between the top/bottom of the port. Mid horn was damped with spray and wrapped with felt - no ringing.

I love them. Capable of such delicate, subtle tone and yet can really get "obnoxious" when cranked. Driving them with a 30watt push pull EL34 amp. 

Room is not large 11X18, and I have them set up as per the Cardas speaker configuration. If the IV's are better than this, I would happily get a pair (however, budget does not allow for that)

The CW's and ESL-57's are my main speakers. Very different, which I like, and both are satisfying in their own way.

They certainly occupy some "real estate" in the room, but well worth it :)