kimber select 3033 speakercable?

how is this cable sound?
is it better than the "monocle xl"?
musicland
Bwhite,
Is there a cable that's as close to the KS -3035 without the high price? I've been told to try the 26 to 30 AWG electromagnet wire for speaker wire. I think this is real strange, but I'm willing to try. Ever since I got horns with my SET's I've been dealing with the nasel sound. I'm thinking trying speaker cable upgrades,cause I've been using Analysis plus silver. Should I sell the AP and try some copper?
Close to the KS-3035's without the high price? Strangely enough I would have to suggest the 3033's as being the closest without the "high" price. I think a pair of 3033's can be picked up for 1000 or so used. As a matter of fact, check out higherfi.com on their sales page, they have a pair of 12' 3033's for less than I've ever seen them. All cables have their own family sound and Kimber Select is no exception. The difference between 3033 and 3035 is significant but somehow they are the same. I know that sounds silly but it's true.

I've never heard of Electromagnet wire for speakers... seems interesting though. IF you can get some cheap, it might be worth a listen but I wouldn't know what to expect.

For speaker cables, I think copper provides the richest sound possible. Cardas Golden Reference is a fast cable but still has that rich midrange bloom w/loads of detail. It's a good bet in the 1200 price range (used).

Many people like Silver cables but I've found them to be a little too much when used as speaker cables. They work great as interconnects (where the voltage is lower than in speaker cables) to preserve the fine detail.

Silver plated copper seems to "ring" or sound MORE nasal than pure silver cable. Aren't Analysis Plus cables silver plated copper? Acutually the only silver plated cable I've heard which doesn't ring is Nordost SPM but.. it too will sound thin and bright compared to pure copper.
I've had Kimber Bifocal XL and 3033 in my system. While they are both good, they lack refinement; and are slighty grainy on top. The 3033 was slightly better in MY system, but to me it was not worth the difference in price; specially when it will cost you more to Bi-wire. I agree that the 3035 has the family resemblance of the other Kimbers, but it is more than twice as good as the 3033 in my opinion. The grain is gone, and clarity, refinement and speed are added....for a price!

Last time I shopped for cables I did a shoot out in my own system : Kimber Bifocal XL, 3033, AudioMagic Sorcerer and
Straight Wire Cresendo. The Cresendo was way better than the others in every respect, incuding state of the art bass and no grain (I never have heard any Cardas in my system). The Cresendo compares in price with the 3033.

I heard the 3035's at my local dealer,but did not take them home since I could'nt afford them at the time. I got the cresendos and almost imediately got to try Acousic Zen Satori (0nly $600/6ft. pr. retail). In MY system they TOTALY destroyed the Cersendos. They had the same base, they had the same palpability of images; but they separated everything better with an uncanny pinpoint accuracy (it made it very easy to define location and distance), Even better coherence (something the Cresendo is very good at)and an amazing extension in the upper registers that made everything but the 3035 sound dark...little tinckling sounds like bells and triangles FLOATED with incredible clarity and presision.

I sold the Cresendos at a loss, and still had money left in my pocket. I took the Acoustic Zen to the local Kimber dealer to compare it to the 3035's . We swithed in 3 different systems, tube and solid state with several speakers. The Satori was better in all systems but one.
A combination of of Rouge (tube) and Canton speakers took
some flesh out of the mid's. I noticed this in my system as a very slight leaness in the upper bass, so it can be a little system dependent. I've heard Nordost Quattro-Fil described in this fashion(Slight leanness),and I've also heard of a lot of people selling their Nordost and getting the Satori.

This is only my opinion! As always, try everything you can get you're hands on. My system: Micromega Sage 3 CD, Melos SHA-1 Hybred PRE, LLANO DESIGN (White Audio Lab)Hybred Amp, PS Audio P-300, Acoustic Zen interconnect and speaker cable, and PC's by BMI and Electraglide.

Don't waste your money buying a cable that will not let your system clearly speak to you. I had Monocle XL and KS 1020 and thought they were incredible. I liked cables with a silver/copper blend, and the 1020 IC surpassed the 1010 IC I had. (The 1030 was too sterile for my ears). I bought the Monocle XL because it was a lot less expensive then the 3033 and even more so then the 3035, which I wanted because of the hybrid design. Based on some feedback, that some customers prefered the Monocle XL to the 3033, was also a plus. But in hindsight, I'm glad that I never put out the money for the 3033 or 3035. I always had very positive things to say about these cables. I then decided after a year with them to do some cable research, try some other flavors and attain some more audio bliss; Transparent, Harmonic Tech Magic and I was considering the new KS1021 (which was now almost twice the cot of the 1020). Fortunately for me I came across a cable that I was not familiar with and all of the others paled in comparison. The cable? Ensemble, of Switzerland. I happen to be getting new speakers and the dealer talked enthusiastically about this new cable which he felt 'blew' everything else away. I know, you've heard that before. "But try it for yourself", he said. "let the cables decide for you". I am very critical with my system components and cables. I should be. I had invested a lot in the KS and Black Mamba Power Snakes and felt my system was amazing; low noise floor, speed, articulation, details, low level information. It all sounded good and how much better could it possibly get. My last words. I swapped my KS 1020 IC and Black Mambas for the Ensemble Dynaflux IC and their Mega Powerflux PC's. My jaw hit the floor. And this was within the first minutes of listening to new cables. Could this be happening? Am I really hearing what I am hearing? I was in audio denial. How could all my enthusiastic praise about the KS cables and Black Mambas have been completely erroneous. But it was true and I could not deny what my ears were telling me. I soon replaced my Monocle XL with Ensembles Megaflux Speaker Cable and fully realized the potential of what audio perfection must be like. I can sum up the experience like this; Compared to the Ensemble Cables, my KS and Black Mambas sounded as if the singer had a sock in their mouth and the musicians were behind a layer of thick fabric. Imagine every little nuance you can in a recording and that is Ensemble. I have heard plenty of praise for Ensemble, because I am one of them. Others have replaced far more expensive cable then I had, costing 2-5 times more. Name one, and most likely Ensemble has proved itself to be superior; Nirvana, MIT, HT Magic, Transparent, KS, Nordost, Discovery, Cardas, Nirvana, Silversmith, Audionote, and many others. But don't let me tell you. Listen for yourself. And hear what has been missing!
I used to own Ensemble Megaflux. I purchased after believing all the HYPE given to this product line by both the West Coast and East Coast Ensemble dealers. Truthfully? It's not that great. Sakahara, to claim that Megaflux is better than some of the cables you mention (especially Audio Note) I've got to question your motives... I noticed you posted Ensemble "ads" quite a few times this evening.

I found the Ensemble to be decent cable... Similar to something like Harmonic Technologies Pro 9 or Tara Labs RSC Air. Nothing spectacular. Just shielded copper cable.

I listened for myself and then bought something else.