Just received shipment of my Magnepan LRS’s

Yesterday I took delivery of my Magnepan LRS’s. I am powering them with a Rogue Audio Sphinx 2 through Stealth Audio MLT speaker cables. Sources are a Rega RP6 and an Oppo BDP 105. I know that these speakers have a long way to go to break in, but what great soundstaging, decay, depth and lifelike imaging. Can’t wait to see how they are doing in 6 months. This is my 3rd set of Maggies and I am tickled to have their sound back in my home.
thomasj
Glad you have both! I think Wendell D. did some magic this time, along with Magnepan R&D. There is something going on here that hasn’t happened with Maggies in my audio space before!
I have MG12's on Sound Anchor stands and the LRS (sitting on shag carpet) still blows it away in definition, detail and imaging.

Now get some Sound Anchors for your LRSs and you'll have the best of both worlds. They do make a tremendous difference.
It’s now been 3 weeks since delivery, they are breaking in nicely, and I have added back ion my Goldenear Force 4 subwoofer. The LRS’s themselves are head and shoulders better than my old MG II B’s, and my old 1.6.R’s. With the Goldenear gently augmenting the Maggies my frequency analyzer shows I have a competent full range system with a few dips, but I am ecstatic at the reproduction. ‘Twas nice to see the LRS’s on the cover of the new Stereophile, but the fold-out didn’t do her panels justice (kidding). I am back in love with Maggies and their magic. They are an amazing match for my Rogue Sphinx II integrated and Stealth speaker cables.
Got mine mid-June. easy set up. Using the same stuff that ran my 1d's decades ago. apt Holman pre and Carver m400t with old passive m&k sub. can't imagine better sound but each day the surprise me. They are disappearing and the sound is ever more enveloping. Glad I did not buy all the recommended Schiit products. This is perfect.
Post removed