Joule Electra LA 150 MK2 upgrade

Has anyone taken advantage of this newly offered factory upgrade? I would love to hear from anyone who has.
adampeter

Showing 2 responses by dpe

Adampeter,

While I too am sitting on the fence on this upgrade, it's really a no brainer for me. If you already own the LA 150 MkII, $1,750 is nothing compared to putting out 14K for the LA 300 (actually the fully balanced LA 450ME would be the one to splurge for, but damn I bet the price for LA 450ME really splits the Wall Street-ers from the Main Street-ers). I really love the sound of the LA-150 Mkll, but to be quite honest, what I really really love about this preamp is the remote. If I were seriously thinking of moving on up to the LA 300, for 14K I would be definitely
looking and listening to several other preamps. The new Berning zotl comes to mind.
Hi Rafael,

Yes you're correct Signature Sound sells them for $11,800.

I'm aware that all the Joule preamps have remotes. That's what I love about them, compared to other wonderful preamps I would also consider to be in Joule's (150MkII) league like CAT, TRON or Shindo.

I know what the LA-150MkII sounds like, I own one. The original question was: what's the difference in sound between the 150MkII and the upgrade 150MkII SE?

Sincerely,
Dave