Joule electra la 100 m111 Please recommend replacement volume potentiometer .

Hi There first-time poster,  I have a Joule Electra LA 100- m111 and lately the volume potentiometer is going crazy fluctuating the volume, I've tried contact cleaner and air with no luck so I'm assuming I'll need to replace the pot. According to my manual, it came with a motorized Noble quad circuit potentiometer, I 've done a little research and it looks like Noble is out of business  so I'm hoping someone in the community  can recommend a compatible replacement, also can I get away with a dual circuit non motorized pot as I really don't use the remote much at all. 
   Thx.
albertaprime

Showing 1 response by albertaprime

I had a chance to speak with Rich from Sigsound on Saturday and he told me that he's never replaced a volume potentiometer on a joule  LA 100 only a balance potentiometer, he recommended searching on e-bay as well  and said he figures that it was wired in parallel and that I could get away with a dual gang either with motor or without motor. I've spoken to a few others who highly recommend cleaning the pot with Deoxit D5 and with tapered electrical swabs really well before purchasing a new replacement , the product I have is cleaner but they said nothing works as good as Deoxit especially if you can get a small swab to fit in the openings and really give it a good cleaning, they've cleaned a lot of different pots and were able to get them to work well as new. 
  Thx I'll keep you posted once I track down some Deoxit D5 and clean the potentiometer.