Discrete Amplification Yes
Power Transformer EI Core
D/A Conversion 192kHz/24-Bit
Digital Signal Processing Analog Devices ADSP21487
Video Off (Pure Direct) Yes
Source Direct Yes
Chassis Full Size
Variable X-over Yes
Video Up-conversion Yes (Analog Composite/Component Video to HDMI)
Auto Calibration by MIC Audyssey MultEQXT (upgradeable to Pro by Installer)
Satellite Radio Ready -
AM/FM tuner FM Tuner Only
Bass Management Yes
Lip-sync (digital audio delay) Yes
Software Upgradable Yes (via Internet)
oj

Showing 2 responses by internetmin

In your specific scenario, I think you'll be very happy assuming you have heard the receiver and like how it sounds. Marantz makes great home theater gear.
OJ. Your question, the way it's phrased, can't really be answered well. "Good" means different things to different people. If I could rephrase your question, I would ask, good for...what? Home theater in a living room 12'x6'? Stereo listening? Used to decode digital sources for music and movies? Good for driving x model speaker system?

For me personally I'd love to offer some comments but unless I know more about your goals and objectives it will be hard to give you the right advice. From a high level, yes Marantz is a solid name and brand; yes it has room correction but not the latest version of Audyssey if your specs are correct (so are there significant room acoustic problems?); yes Marantz normally has a good amplification section but you probably don't want to drive speakers rated at less than 4 ohms with the unit.

Bottom line, this is certainly what would be considered a near top of the line receiver. It has lots of great specs and connectivity and has the latest IP control and AirPlay (nice if you have an iphone or iPad or Mac or iTunes).

So if you are looking for a high end receiver and this has the specs you need **to achieve the goals you are trying to accomplish** then it's likely a great fit for you.