Is Mcintosh mc2300 a good amp for Magnepan MG-IIIA

I am a newbie. I bought an mc2300 at a pawnshop (no joke) for $500. The amp was dead. Hoping it was the power supply I walked out of the store with a hop in my step hoping that I had gotten a steal of a deal. Anyway, I ended up spending $600 to get it totally refurbished. It looks new. So, I have this amp and nothing else. I have the opportunity to buy some magnepan MG-IIIA's at a good price. Is this a good match? I listen to just about everything except rap. In addition, the guy selling the maggies is also selling a GFA-555 amp and a GTP-500 Preamp from adcom. Should I buy these goodies and possibly bi-amp the maggies? Will the mac amp go well with this particular preamp/tuner. I have heard differing opinions on whether to go tube on the pre-amp or not. Eventually, I would like to have an all mac system. I just think it looks cool and is a good investment. By the way, I have never heard any good equipment before. The best system I have heard was in a home theater setup about ten years ago. It was running all adcom. I could have swore there were like five 555 amps in there!!! INSANE!! I am 28 (today is my birthday) and I am seriously into music. Please help!!

Matt
surferm10

Showing 1 response by surferm10