Integrated Amp Shopping Decisions

Looking to replace my 1987 NAD 1240 preamp and Adcom 535ll. They have served me well for years but are now both very long in the tooth and probably time for caps but not interested in investing as it would be a poor investment to update them. So I am looking to go integrated. Have a Technics 1210GR and Music Hall 7 so vinyl is a given. Also need USB for my Dead flac files.  So my needs are decent MM phone preamp, USB and can run either RCA or coax out from my Rotel Tribute CD.   Don't really need Bluetooth. Preferable to have tone controls. I am looking at a new speaker purchase which may likely be Wharfedale Lintons or Evos.  Price point around $1800 max.

So, I have a list of possibles.  Cambridge CXA81 but no tone controls or phonestage so not sure about this one, Parasound HINT6 preowned puts me $1800 (Its got the phono and DAC, ) Bel Canto C5i gives me phono and DAC (if I can find preowned) Rogue Sphinx (plus add Schitt Mani DAC) Musical Fidelity M5si (preowned), Yamaha S801 gets good reviews but lower price scares me.  Any contenders I am missing?  Thoughts?

vinyljones1

Really fancied the Linton's, until I heard them, dull as dishwater, so if committed to them the Yamaha amps could be a good choice. 

The Naim 5si is only 1999 new. It has a great headphone section. No phono preamp, just 4 line levels. It may go well with the lintons. However, I would recommend using naim nac a5 speaker cables, as it is a bit picky and you'll get the most out of the Amp by doing so. 

The Marantz PM7000N should be on your shortlist. It checks every box on your requirements list, and then some. I bought one to 'hold me over' while deciding on a pre/power/DAC setup, and after I got it broken in, I kinda stopped looking (although a McIntosh MA252 still tugs at my heartstrings, even if I would need an outboard DAC/Streamer). It drives my LS-50s, my Maggie MMGs, and my Monitor Audio Silver 300 7Gs just fine, as it delivers about 90W/Ch into 4 Ohms. As for headphones, its headphone amp likewise drives my HiFiman Sundaras just fine. I could go on about the DAC and streaming, and the HEOS app, the phono stage, but just check it out. As for the 40N, it's even more of the above, and 2X the cost at $2500, so its well over your $1800 budget. 

You'll be happy w Parasound; always safe choice.  Please consider calling Klaus Bunge at Odyssey Audio.  He could build a Kismet Integrated that will be similar price but end-game for you!! 

https://odysseyaudio.com/

I kind of keep going back to the Parasound as it ticks many boxes with the USB and phonestage. Hopefully the headphone section is decent as I will use it very often.  My only thought is it is 160W per channel and may very well be way more power then I need for smaller bookshelves. I'm not sure what speakers I'll be using but it's only a 12x12 room, so don't need anything large. Not even sure of the Wharfedales.   Question is, is would the Parasound be overkill with so much power? Would it overpower smaller speakers, or is it better to have more reserve and not use it? I'm sure an 80 watt amp would be more than sufficient.  Is there such a thing as too much power?  Would 160 watts be too much for speakers rated to 125?