Integrated advice for B&W 705's

I"m new getting into the HiFi wold and just starting to build my first system. 
I recently picked up some original series B&W 705 stand mounts (from 2004) and am powering them with a Marantz PM6004 integrated amp however I don't think it's a good fit with the speaker.  Just not quite as musical as I was expecting and the high end might be a little harsh (although very clear).  
Does anyone have any experience/advice for a good Integrated Amp to pair with these speakers? 
My budget is in the $1k range but maybe could stretch it a little for the right component and majority of listening is on vinyl. Thanks! 
dsjs4

Showing 2 responses by stereo5

It will be hard to find an amp to tame the highs in your speaker.  I know you don’t want to hear this, but trying to tame the speakers is a band aid approach.  I would cut my losses and put the speakers up for sale. Then listen to different speakers and find one you really like with smooth highs. They should then sound fine with your Marantz.  I speak from experience as I had a pair of bright speakers and changed all the components in the system including cables. After wasting thousands upon thousands of dollars, I came to the realization to change the speakers.  Problem solved.