Integrated advice for B&W 705's

I"m new getting into the HiFi wold and just starting to build my first system. 
I recently picked up some original series B&W 705 stand mounts (from 2004) and am powering them with a Marantz PM6004 integrated amp however I don't think it's a good fit with the speaker.  Just not quite as musical as I was expecting and the high end might be a little harsh (although very clear).  
Does anyone have any experience/advice for a good Integrated Amp to pair with these speakers? 
My budget is in the $1k range but maybe could stretch it a little for the right component and majority of listening is on vinyl. Thanks! 
dsjs4

Showing 1 response by clearthink

stereo5"It will be hard to find an amp to tame the highs in your speaker."

It will be easy to improve the high frequency performance of you're speaker if you engage the support of a good dealer who is willing to loan you on approval an amplifier that he thinks might be better than you're Marantz which would not be hard to do! If you do not like the first loaner I would suggest, recommend, and encourage you to try another amplifier from you're dealer who should be willing to help you this is one of the basic roles of a true, expert, committed high fidelity dealer and this should be you're next steps rather than replacing you're speakers which is a substantial, significant, major step and irreversible.