“Insides” of tubes

Hi all,

Weird question here but is it possible for the innards of power tubes to be aligned differently? I bought 4 new Genalex PX300B tubes for my monoblocks. In one amp the innards of the tubes are aligned the same way. So the center plate is oriented the same way.  For the other amp one of the tubes’ center plates is about 25 degrees off center to the other tube.  I have verified that all of the tubes are aligned correctly in terms of the pins.  The amplifier sounds fine. But this just seems weird to me...

dgaylin
So Oldhvymec,

Are you saying they got "twisted" in transit?  Innards got bumped and moved around?

Millercarbon, are you saying that there are small variations in the alignment of the guts of all tubes and I'm seeing a more extreme case?

Thanks

Long story or not, they aren't gonna look and be exact. BUT they shouldn't look all cattywampus either. Be reasonable. Does it look all out of whack?

YES, I'm saying something caused it to look that way. The valves are suppose to pass a "VISUAL" inspection also... It is part of the testing procedure. When I test, anyways..

Regards
They are made in Russia. Don’t expect too much when it comes to quality control. Or maybe different production runs. If they measure strong to spec that is all I would expect.

They wouldn’t dare sell US disjointed tubes on purpose would they? No reason to think they would.