If you had $12,000 for speakers and amp

If you had $12,000 to spend on speakers and amp used what would buy? One example, Thiel 7.2 used for $7,000 and a Mark Levinson 336 used for $5,000. What would your buy and why?
jcb2000
Well, I'm not much for box speakers, so Soundlab/Apogee/Maggies as speaker choices for me...amps would depend on which of those three I went with. Could be tubes or solid state...depending.

Dave
I would do exactly what I did : Legacy Whispers and McCormack DNA-500 amp. Lots of power, musicality, detail, imaging, layering, etc. They work really well together - the Whispers just sing!
If you're careful, can be done for about $12K used.
Well, might not be quite 12K, but I'd grab a set of Odyssey Stratos Extreme Mono's, and a pair of Harbeth Monitor 40's.

I'm drooling just thinkin' about it....(:

My reality is not so drool inspiring !

Mike
I would buy the Harmonic Precision Caravelles with their stands, YBA Passion Intgegre, and if you need those very low Hz (as I did) get a Jame EMB sub woofer) I'm suggesting these components from first hand listening experience as you can see if you click onto my "system." You will be hard pressed to find better. Different? Certainly, but sound to die for. And you can buy them new. peace, warren

BTW the Maggie recommendation is a good one, but the amp (as far as power goes)is not, IMO. You need a shit load more quality watts to run those babies. Figure 400 per, not to be behind the eightball. Maggies, also, need oodles of room. And I mean oodles to really sing...
I thnk there was a typo in Teejay's spec for the Pass X-600. Perhaps he meant to say 1200 watts.