If there was only ONE album/cd/release you can listen to, over and over.............

Your " best ever " recording, which has likely been discussed ad nauseam, would you select, say, if given a choice of only one ( whatever the scenario would be; stranded on an island, locked up in isolation, all music gone, but this one ). As hard as this is, as there are so many to choose from, I have selected " A Tribute To Jack Johnson ", by the esteemed Miles Davis ( 1992 Columbia version ). I have selected this, specifically for the performances, as I do with all of my listening. The playing.....the musicianship.....the arrangement.....the story, set to music, by the esteemed M.D.. And, my system delivers the message, so I feel proud of my set up. What can I say ? I hope everyone well, and, ENJOY ! Always, MrD.

mrdecibel

Impossible task.  I guess Rumors or one of the Beatles albums, but CNSY is very listenable as well.  No one is mentioning more current music for this generation; I would guess TS would be on their lists,

Better would be picking 12-14 individual songs to make one "album" of favs that would be more listenable over time.  I would have one side of rockers and one side of slower tunes.  That way, you could mix jazz, rock, classical, etc.

Cheers!

Another fan of All Things Must Pass by George Harrison.

Allman Brothers Live At The Fillmore being a close second.

Stevie Wonder - Innervisions. While it would eventually bore, it has enough variety to keep boredom at bay for quite a while.

@fuzztone I can't believe you mentioned The Wondermints and that album. It's absolutely fantastic and hardly anybody knows how great it is.