I was going to give my son a system, with brand new Solid Steel rack but he has AirPods???

AirPods and iPhones have replaced good 2 channel audio, it's criminal. They don't buy albums, CDs, or even the full album downloads. They've replaced my old 45s with mp3s.
I got him a Solid Steel rack and I can't return it, so what do I do? Sell it on eBay for local pickup or wait for him to get smart. You would think a mechanical engineer wants a Scoutmaster and a beautiful really well designed audio rack. I get he doesn't necessarily want my old Rotel amp and preamp, but I have a set of B&W CM2s on stands and he could get himself a home theater integrated amp and use the system to watch Movies at the least.
Where have we gone wrong?
128x128ctwith3

Showing 1 response by oldschool1948

I have two sons.  One lives in CA the other about 10 minutes from my house here in MD.  I have a ton of vintage gear that I've been giving away to family and god children, and had planned to buy each of my sons a decent 2-channel system. 

My CA son wanted money instead, which is fine.  I sent him a check.

My MD son wanted some of my vintage gear because that's what he grew up with, and he's really into music (as I am).  I gave him a Pioneer SPEC-4 power amp, Rodec mixer, Soundcraftsman EQ/Pre, Technics SL-1600 MK2 TT, McIntosh CD player, McIntosh Tuner, and DCM TimeWindow 3 speakers.  I offered him a complete McIntosh stack but he didn't want the McIntosh MC-2600 power amp or McIntosh 31v preamp/controller.  I'm OK with it because I'm just trying to downsize.