I saw Pearl Jam last night...

I saw Pearl Jam last night on the Waterfront in Camden NJ last night. Excellent show. 2.5 hrs of blasting rock. Eddie Vedder's Cause now is to get wrongfully imprisoned prisoners freed. It bought the show to a grinding halt when he marched and paraded 3 ex cons around the stage. The band is one of the best out there. They blow away U2 and these other big name acts.
dreadhead

Showing 1 response by barry309

Well said Jaybo and Dreadhead. To my other fellow audiogoners: Are you offended that Pearl Jam brought politics into their show or, is it that they brought politics that you disagree with that offends you most of all? Pearl Jam took a big risk in doing what they did. I recall the tribute to Bob Dylan's 30th anniversary. Vedder was there and sung Masters of War. The song was well received. Sinead O'Conner read poetry and was booed off the stage. And this at a Dylan concert! Point being, Pearl Jam knew the risks and took it anyway. Of course we would rather be entertained and avoid difficult issues. I do not see how wrongfully convicted prisoners are a "leftist cause." Unless, of course the right views injustice as politically conservative. Steve Earl, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Bragg, Neil Young, Pete Seeger, Pearl Jam, Dixie Chicks and others, keep making your music.