I need a female jazz vocalist. No Krall, No Norah

I've listened to so much Norah Jones and Diana Krall in the last month I feel like I know the personally. I'm ready to get hooked on a new sultry lady but I need some good suggestions.
meech33
Paula Morelenbaum!

It was through Dennisb's thread I learned of the remarkable album, Morelenbaum (2)/Sakamoto: Casa (Tribute to Jobim. If you like the old Bossa Nova standards of Antonio Carlos Jobim this is a must listen.

Cellist Jaques Morelenbaum and his Paula teamed up with Ryuichi Sakamoto to create a truly magical album. It was actually recorded at Jobim's Rio De Janeiro home and Sakamoto was playing Jobim's own piano.

Paula has the voice of an angel, but I must admit it was Sakamoto's piano that really reached my heart. His minimalist style is both deeply moving and the perfect frame for when Paula's voice seems to emerge from nowhere.

Just amazing!
Try Carmen McRae. She does a great version of I Only Have Eyes For You. Its off her 1972 live LP "The Great American Songbook"
Gunbei,

Thanks for the recommendation. It is just the kind of music that I like. i have not heard of that album before. I llok forward to listening to it. Cello, voice and piano. great combination. I hope my system is up to it. Thanks!
One I haven't seen mentioned is Jacquie Naylor. "Live from the Plush Room" is a good place to start.

Second (or Third or 95th) the recommendations of Eva Cassidy "Live at Blues Alley," Cassandra Wilson (have four discs and all are great), Christy Baron, Patricia Barber (her cover of "Light My Fire" might be the five sexiest minutes of music I own), Madeleine Peyroux (esp. "Hey Sweet Man") and, of course, the great Ella (especially her duets with Louis Armstrong). Good listening.