I’m about to push the button to get 2 SVS 3000 micros to add to ATC SCM40s.

Anyone want to talk me out of it?

128x128m669326

I have two 3000 Micros which I use in my Home Theater II (in I, I have two SB1600 Ultras). They are limited in the lower bass (below 32Hz) region, but they do punch above their weight class (i.e., for 8" cones). One BIG advantage they have is due to their size; placement is easy, which makes addressing null spots easier than with the "big guys".

Congrats OP! I use two SVS SB-4000 in my room, and I influenced a friend to get a pair of the SB-3000 micro. He has a smaller room than mine, and he’s quite happy with them. My favorite feature is the ability to tweak phase by degree from the mobile app in my listening chair (or any of the other settings as well). The app experience makes it a delight to tweak and further integrate the units into the room. 

You can just turn down the volume of the subs a bit on TV / movie nights... no need to rattle the dinnerware... and still get that bit of extra kick.  

Most people turn their subs up too high so they can "hear" them, but the best sub tuning is "you don't even know it's there, until you turn it off."  

Use restraint, and maybe a bit of psychology by not even pointing them out to your wife... discreet is good.