I have three speakers avaiable to me??

Hello FriendsI know some of you, will be a bored with my post, but you must understand, I live on the far south coast of Australia, the nearest hi fi shop is about 3 hours drive, and there knowledge is some what sad, I need to make a decision, by the next few days??, below, is the four speakers that is available to me in my budget, I manly listen to Rock, Blues, Rock/Jazz, New Wave etc, where Bass seems to be what I'm after, per my music, please send me your thoughts, on the bellow speakers!!1. Gallo Reference 3.1 speakers, with Gallo S.A. bass amp2. Golden Ear Triton Fives( which has passive woofers)3. Golden Ear Triton Three + (which has powered woofer) this is the most expensive speaker on my list, which stretch my budget, to the max!!4. Definitive Technology BP 9060, speakersI know some of you have have a favorite speakers, but because I'm on a pension, I can only afford the above !!Friends, hoping you help me with the above!!Many ThanksDavid

128x128daveyonthecoast

Showing 1 response by jnorris2005

After being beaten over the head with Def Tech speakers when I went to Best Buy to audition Martin Logans specifically, I am surprised they are even mentioned here.  They were honky, bright and compressed sounding.  I have to believe that the Gallos or the Golden Ears would be far superior sounding.