I am enjoying my analog system, but what can I do to improve?

I currently have Technics 1200G turntable with Dynavector 17XD cartridge playing through Kitsune LCR 1 MK5 phono pre and Allnic L7000 preamp. My amps are Pass X350.5 and Benchmark AHB2 driving Sound Lab ESL speakers. My system sounds great, but I am wondering how I can take my system to another level. What do you think?

128x128chungjh

Who cares @pindac  ? Can you let in calm/peace the OP. It needs to enjoy what he had and needs to fine tunning the overall room/system: got it?. Sorry.

R

@rauliruegas  The OP has made their own inquiry, to which I made a very well informed reply'.

'I have never directly compared 1200G to SP10.

'What do you think are the audible sound improvements in favor of SP10? 

To put the record straight on this matter of referencing other TT's that the OP does not own, there is a earlier Post that refers to the SP10 Mk III, that then leads the Thread into other SP10 Models being referred, which has prompted the OP to inquire about comparisons between the owned 1200 Model and the Vintage Models being referred to.

Following this there are posts clearly offering a form of a description to the OP's inquiry about the comparison between Vintage Technics Models and the 1200 Model.

I chose to contribute to the descriptions being offered, as the information I was privy to was supplied by an individual who has a very trusted work and proven theories, even a renowned Vintage TT expert on this forum who is recommended as a service provider, has been seen to seek advice from this person.

My contribution is totally in keeping with the requests being made from the OP as a result of @rauliruegas introducing the SP10 MkIII Model, which I suspect was an attempt to prove a point as an affront to a comment made about the 1200 Model by another contributor.

@rauliruegas  I have a history on this forum of being met with your expression, that shines through with discontent.

I absorb your attacks with a kindness and patience as I do not see how anything directed by you in your particular and peculiar manner can be seen as containing  any content of any value.

I do not contribute on this forum for those who linger with other purposes in mind.    I contribute in the hope I can assist an individual with a genuine interest in learning a little about a subject that has many lessons to be learned.

I am quite content to remain as an individual with a lot to learn, it is nice to share some of the experiences already encountered and share some of the descriptions offered during my inquiries, especially how these encounters made a lasting  impression.     

Isolate your turntable to make it less affected by vibration from the shelf it's mounted on and from the sound coming from the speakers.

Also, Dynavector makes excellent cartridges, but you may wish to try something different.

Pindac, What you reported is "hearsay" evidence, you reported that someone else reported that he or she preferred his or her modified SP10 Mk2 over the SP10R. Here’s another opinion: I find it hard to believe that any SP10 Mk2, no matter how modified, could audibly outperform the SP10R, with one important qualification; the plinth can make a big difference. If you buy an SP10R, you get a chassis that needs a plinth. If you buy the new Technics plinth along with an SP10R, those two items together are called "SP1000R". The Technics plinth for the SP10R is very elaborate, much better than comparable plinths Technics made for the earlier SP10 models. I know one highly reputable person who owns both an SP1000R and an SP10 Mk3. That is JP Jones, who is a qualified engineer. JP measured the two turntables and found them very comparable. His listening tests suggest not much difference, too. Adding to that finding my own experience that the SP10 Mk3 is easily superior to either one of two Mk2s I have owned (both in slate plinths), there is sort of a geometric proof that the SP1000R is superior to the SP10 Mk2, by "things equal to the same thing are equal to each other". (All my TTs were completely refurbished and brought up to spec before any auditions.) My apologies to Chungj, but I just wanted to set the record straight. I agree with Raul; you should first dial in what you have. I think you live here in Bethesda; if you want me to come over for a listen, I would be happy to do so.

Lew, that is a good idea. I should have you come over to have a listen in my Bethesda home. I will get back to you about the date. Thank you.

Jay