How much space between cables is enough?

I understand that proximity between power cables and interconnects or power cables and power cables is a problem, but is there a rule of thumb as to how much space is required to NOT be a problem. 1/2", 1", 6"? Also, are all cables the same? I would assume that the higher the current, the more isolation, but belief and reality are seldom the same.
128x128tony1954

Showing 7 responses by tony1954

@millercarbon

Interesting, I wonder what effect suspending cables from weak springs or 'floating" them on 6" inner tubes would have.
But doesn't that make the material and design of the elevator somewhat irrelevant? The principle focus is to have the cable suspended by the rubber band.
No offense to your photography skills, but I can't tell what is going on in the last picture. All I see is the cardboard "tunnels". Is the idea to have the cable supported solely by the rubber band? Like a small hammock?
@tomcy6
I am old enough to know that I don't agree 100% with anyone. That being said,there are a lot of people out there that know more about certain things than I do. My job is to listen to what they have to say, digest the information and then separate the wheat from the chaff.However, one consideration that concerns me is whether my "ear" is good enough to benefit from the advice.Only time will tell.