Hot Rats

Anyone here love Frank? He's a musical genius!

voodoolounge

My favorite was always Burnt Weenie Sandwich, with Don Van Vliet and Sugarcane Harris. Awesome!

I was lucky enough to see Frank twice a year during my formative years.  Started late with the Bongo Fury tour.  Saw him at the Park West in Chicago.  Holy Smokes, was that fun.

Love the Hot Rats, Waka Jawaka, Grand Wazoo era.  Amazing compositions.  

Love, of course, the Roxy recordings.  Loved Frank the best when he was the only guitarist in the band.  Opened up his rhythm and lead playing.

I see Dweezil anytime I can.  Seem really level headed and a great musician.  

Hey bdp24...your statement associating Frank Zappa with Donald Trump could be the most shallow,  bizarre and idiotic thing Ive read on any forum in a long time! There's a lot of shite spewed here on the Audiogon forums...you sir, must have a pretty big pitchfork!

voodoolounge, we should have ask that of Steve Allen when we had the chance. ;^)

I've really enjoyed FZ since the first hearing.  Although I like his later albums better than the first few.  

Many put him down, even rock fans, because they thought he was simply crude or childish.  Too bad they couldn't see he was poking a finger in the eye of general contemporary society.

Regarding classical composers, I read that Zappa was influenced by Edgard Vare'se.  No affiliation with JS Bach.