Horning Eufrodites - help needed with boomy bass

Hi Eufrodites' users,

Can anyone help me with solving a serious issue of boomy bass?
Speakers are about 7 months old.

Do they still need time to break in?
Room acoustics? at first I thought so but the boominess is even at very low levels of sound.
I play them mostly with Jadis JA100 and the Sati 520b from Horning too. Boominess is on both setups.

Help!!!! There's nothing more annoying than boomy bass. I just can't enjoy music anymore.
Help!!!!

Thanks.
amuseb
The pair of Eufrodites that I heard sounded terrific--very dynamic and lively, with surprisingly little eviddence of midrange peakiness that I would have expected from the Lowther origins of the midrange driver. Doesn't great sound alone qualify something as audiophile friendly (the high price too adds to the audiophile bona fides)?

I can see how its powerful bass response could be a problem in some rooms, but, that is certainly a speaker system that would be worth the effort to work into any system. To me, most modern speaker systems sound dynamically flat and lifeless and require high volume playback to sound lively. Systems like the Eufrodites are kind of rare (lively without being unnatural in tonal balance) so it would be a sad thing if you have to give it up.

Amuseb, have you looked into room equalizers? If you are reluctant to go the common route of using digital equalization, perhaps you could use something like the Rives equalizer which is analogue and sounds quite nice.
I'm indeed not looking to replace them by default. I will probably call for some expert opinion on the room acoustics in the coming days.
Before I had the Alto Utopias here and as Larryi says, they needed high volume playback to really get you into the music while the Eufros play music at any level. What's even more "annoying" is that on the tracks that don't suffer from bass boominess you can hear how nicely these babies play and then another track comes on, the bass gets boomy and you tear your hair.

Sounds_real_audio, I still owe you an answer. I chose these speakers following a recommendation from friend and as I had a really good deal on them. As I believe the only way to know how a component sounds in your room is to try it right there with the rest of your system (and the experience with the Eufros is the best example to that...), my pattern doesn't call for too many store/show listening rather then buying components, trying them here and deciding then.
This is why it's important to buy at a good price so loses are controlled in case of a quick resell.

Overall, I'm really not a picky listener and most of what I had here over the past 3 years, I liked one way or the other.
But the boomy bass is a killer. Just can't listen to music with that sound hence must be resolved.

Thanks for your participation.
Amuseb, I've also spent time with Marten and TAD speakers, and I would regard those as audiophile speakers. The Hornings may not have quite the resolution, bandwidth, and flat frequency response of those others, but they are more than respectable in those areas. For me, the magic of the Hornings resides in the midrange. The fact that you can also have deep bass with just a few watts of tube amplification makes these so nice for flea/SET amp users. In my room, the bass is articulate and well-integrated with the rest of the speaker's output.